Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guys.


Okay guys, Listen up. I have been busy trying to make money. Yes, trying to make money. Don't worry, I still hate T.V. and advertising, but I am running outta bills and a girl's gotta eat...her Kentucky Fried Chicken. I don't know why, but the other day (in the future) I was (will be) driving through Chicago and I (will, hypothetically) drove (drive) over this very expertly repaired pothole and I (will) got (get) hungry for some KFC.

Oh, maybe this is why!

Where did I hear this little tidbit? Well, Brian Lehrer had Naomi Klein, author of NO LOGO on today. Good show. Worth a listen or two.


So, now I am going to shamelessly plug myself--but isn't that in conflict with your criticism of society Nifty? you say. No, guys, it's not. I don't like the massive brainwashing that is orchestrated by large powerful firms with access to psychological tools they can use to make you want things you really don't need. The SHAMPOO you've always been waiting for. The LOTION that will change your experience of life. The CAR that give you a euphoric happy feeling--you'll want to jump in the air! Nope, sorry, my pet portraits can't do that, but they can hang on your wall and look pretty and they can help me feed my dog (I prefer Catholic Guilt to mass marketing).

I have a recession special running now. Check it.

No comments: